Sunday, May 16, 2010

Where did the time go?

It is my last week in Spain... I don't know what to say or think. I don't know if I am ready or not. It seems to change by the minute.

Part of me says, "It's time. It's time to go home." This is the part of me that wants to see my family and friends, misses the ocean and the beach, and wants In'N'Out Burger and a chocolate shake like none other.

Part of me says, "There is so much still to do and see-- there wasn't enough time and I am not ready to say good-bye." This is the part of me that is sad about not having travelled to all the places I wanted to, not having tried all the things I wanted to, and also the part of me that is not ready to say good-bye to all my friends here.

One thing I do know: I am definitely ready to be finished with school and finals. I am just ready for summer and the freedom I am (possibly falsely) convinced will come with it. Sometime during the last week, School and Spain morphed into one entity, so although I am maybe not ready to say good-bye to Spain and all that I love here, I am ready to be home for summer.

In the meantime, I am studying for finals and trying to pack up my whole life into one suitcase, which happens to be quite difficult...

No comments:

Post a Comment